Non-Residents Tax Services:

At Naicker & Associates we can advise Non-Residents on Canadian tax reporting requirements and assist them in preparing Canadian tax filings in the following circumstances:

Disposing of Canadian Property

We can assist the non-resident vendor to meet Canadian tax compliance as follows:

  • Calculate the capital gain and withholding tax
  • Request a Certificate of Compliance T2062
  • File Canadian Income Tax return

If the non-resident vendor does not comply with Canadian tax legislation, the purchaser will be liable for a withholding tax – 25% to 50% of the sale proceeds.

Rental Income

  • Advise and calculate the withholding tax requirements
  • Annual NR4 tax filings for payments to non-residents
  • Annual NR6 filings for Optional Election to reduce the withholding tax

Our Advice

“Ensure your estate plan has considered ALL the angles”
Noallan N. Naicker, CGA

Interested in additional planning or advice?

Contact Naicker & Associates for a non-committal consultation. Experience the results of our comprehensive tax services.